- Just dial this toll free number, (888) 398-8702 and listen to the pre-recorded message.
- You will be asked to enter your zip code. Once you are connected to your first Member of Congress, state that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let the office know you are calling about SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs.
Deliver this message:
As my Member of Congress, I urge you to protect and strengthen nutrition assistance programs like SNAP, school and summer meals, and other nutrition programs. Please protect these programs and pass a strong child nutrition bill that helps our children get the adequate and nutritious food they need to build healthy bodies and strong minds.
Be sure to speak with both of your senators and your representative.
There are 3 actions that will generate momentum for the movement to prevent hunger.
1. Send an email or call your local grocer and encourage them to donate food to local non-profits and pantries.
2. Contact your local city and county elected officials and encourage them to allocate resources to local Childhood Hunger, Family Nutrition and Emergency Feeding programs.
3. Promote messages and conversations on your social media platforms that highlight the widespread and growing number of people that are experiencing hunger.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]